Friday, October 16, 2009

What can we do for them?

What can we do for the beggars on the street?
What can we do for the old folks who ask for money at the food junction?
What can we do for the disabled person?
What can we do for the sicks?
What can we do for those who are sad?
What can we do for those who are in need?
What can we do for those who never hear of gospel?

Today at SS2 food junction, an old woman ask for money from one table to another. I ignore her, not look at her face, and also not give money. After she moved away, I just look at her, moving from one table to another, ask for money, until I cant see her anymore.

I ask myself, why dont I give her money? For me, asking money like that needs a lot of courage. Am I give her money because she is brave? Am I give her money because she looked so pity and in need? Why am I spending so many money on nonsense things but not for a human's need? Should I give money to those pity person before I am able to earn my own money? I think so much everytime I see those who ask for money on the street, in the restaurant... However, I seldom give.

Can I , Should I ask:... Why are you here? Where are you live? Where is your family? Why you want to come out and ask for money? How old are you? What do our country do for them?

I remember that last time pastor tell us that he choose to give the money to those people, as maybe they are cheating, but maybe some of them really in need. But will they take for granted and continually do that instead of doing something more meaningful? Sure, we cant foresee that. So how? What will you do?

Last time Zau also share that he meet a beggar in the pasar malam, and he pray for that beggar instead of giving him money. He felt that God wants him to do so.

What God wants you and me do? Will God be the one who beg and want to test us? I dont know. However, here, I want to promise to myself, next time, if I am afford, I will give. Maybe they will become demand, maybe they will take for granted, maybe... maybe.... But, I do what I can do already. That is my part.

Maybe, in the future, as a counselor, I can do more for them. I hope so...

No comments:

Post a Comment